prof. dr hab.
film sound recording
Full Professor (nominated on 24 April 2012) at the Fryderyk Chopin University of Music in Warsaw, Department of Sound Engineering. She graduated from the Department of Sound Engineering in 1977, specializing in Film. She does sound engineering for feature films, documentary films and TV theatre.
She teaches the following subjects at the Department of Sound Engineering:
- BA-level studies – Sound Operating in Film (Years 1, 2, 3)
- MA-level studies – Sound Engineering in Film (Years 1 and 2), Sound Creation in Multimedia (Years 1 and 2), Seminar in Diploma Films (Year 2).
During these classes students acquire sound realization experience, shape their creative personalities, learn about the specificity of film perception, shape their own aesthetics, and confront their creative decisions while preparing film sound track with its reception by audiences and listeners during film shows, multimedia projects and examination projects shows, as well as concerts prepared by the Department of Sound Engineering, i.e., ‘Film Sunday’, and ‘Multimedia May Break’, and during cooperation with directors – students of film schools. They learn to be responsible for their own creative ideas for sound tracks and to strive for the highest possible aesthetic and technical level of production of an audiovisual work.
In the period of 2005–2008 and 2008–2012 she held the function of Deputy Dean of the Department of Sound Engineering. Since September 2012 she has held the function of Dean of the Department of Sound Engineering.
Małgorzata Lewandowska’s major sound track realisations for film and TV theatre:
- The Hospital - dir. Krzysztof Kieślowski (documentary film 1977)
- Home – 8–25 (90-minute films) – dir. Jan Łomnicki, TV series 1980–2000
- Supervision - dir. Wiesław Saniewski (feature film 1983)
- White Marriage — dir. Magdalena Łazarkiewicz (feature film 1991)
- The Ring with the Crowned Eagle — dir. Andrzej Wajda (feature film 1992)
- Modrzejewska - dir. Jan Łomnicki (TV series 1988)
- Supervision - dir. Robert Gliński (feature film 1990)
- Witch Time — dir. Piotr Łazarkiewicz (feature film 1993)
- The Station — dir. Piotr Wereśniak (feature film 2001)
- The Long Weekend — dir. Robert Gliński (feature film 2004)
- Vinci - dir. Juliusz Machulski (feature film 2004)
- Skiz - dir. Gustaw Holoubek (TV Theatre 2000)
- Love and Circumstance — dir. Gustaw Holoubek (TV Theatre 2002)
- Room 108 — dir. Gustaw Holoubek (TV Theatre 2003)
- Merry Christmas — dir. Gustaw Holoubek (TV Theatre 2002)
- Aedipus Rex — dir. Gustaw Holoubek (TV Theatre 2005)
- Foster Family Plus – TV series 1999–2008
- The Stigmatist – dir. Wojciech Nowak (TV Theatre 2007)
- The Righteous Ones – dir. Waldemar Krzystek – TV series 2009 (episodes 1–7)
- Recipe for Life – dir. Michał Rogalski – TV series 2011 (episodes 1–13)
- The Time of Honour — dir. Michał Kwieciński, Michał Rosa – TV series Seasons 1–6 (79 episodes)
Filmography (in Polish)